Generally spaces are designed to encompass people, equipment and furniture. Therefore in designing each particular spaces designer should anticipate enough room for installation and maintenance of these equipment and also consider the necessary structural, mechanical and electrical needs for this purpose. With above consideration, we believe that it would be very helpful to prepare equipping plans and drawings from the very first step in designing any building. This is very important strategy especially in design of healthcare facilities. We believe the following consideration are very important in order to prepare medical equipping plan for hospitals:
- Cooperation of medical planner with Architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical design team.
- Preparing room by room medical equipment list.
- Preparing MEP drawings.
- Preparation of technical specification for needed medical equipment.
- Preparation of bill of quantity.
- Supervision on delivery, installation and training.